On Thursday we will be running our MD auditions in our usual rehearsal time/place (7.30pm in the Ensemble Room).
Any member may run to be an MD, and all members are encouraged to be there to vote on who the next MDs will be.
The format will be as follows:
– any member who wishes to audition may nominate themselves at the beginning of rehearsal;
– each candidate will then have ten minutes exactly to rehearse the band on a piece of their choice (see below);
– once all the candidates have auditioned, they must all leave the room and the auditions are discussed;
– the votes are cast (by STV), counted, and 2 new MDs are elected.
Section 7.2 of the constitution states the following:
“Musical Directors of the society have a responsibility to the Big Band members and shall be expected to:
– Demonstrate a high level commitment to the Big Band and its members.
– Be prepared and able to rehearse appropriate music at rehearsals.
– Liaise actively with the Executive Committee, including providing the librarian with adequate notice of their piece selection.
– Inform the Executive Committee in advance of unavoidable absence.
– If an MD fails to meet all of the above criteria, then an EGM shall be called with a motion to remove the MD from their position. They shall be replaced with the MD with the next highest number of votes in the initial election, previous MD’s, executive committee members or MD auditions shall be re-opened at the discretion of the executive committee.”
IF YOU WANT TO AUDITION WITH A PIECE NOT CURRENTLY IN THE PADS, YOU MUST SUBMIT THAT PIECE TO EMILY BY MIDDAY TODAY.
Hope to see you all on Thursday!
Lots of presidential love 💜