Final Weekly Update
This will be the final weekly update of the term so I wanted to take this opportunity to give everyone a quick update on the next week – we’ve got a lot coming up!
- Our annual Kasbah festive gig is on Monday! If you’re playing, make sure you arrive in your gig shirt with your instrument to Kasbah at 8pm sharp for soundcheck.
- We will play for a few hours after that – expect a players list and set list soon!
- There will be a green room to leave instruments in after the gig, and a van to take it all back with the other equipment afterwards so we can all kick off once we’ve finished.
- If your friends/other societies need queue jump tickets we still have plenty for £3, so let them know – obviously as players you do not need a ticket.
Week 10 pop:
- The traditional week 10 pop is on for big band – expect pres somewhere (if you have a kitchen on campus, could we borrow it please?) as well as karaoke and a huge night!
End of term social:
- Next Thursday there is no rehearsal because it’s our annual end of term social – the 12 pints of Christmas! (note that drinking 12 pints is not mandatory, but attempts are encouraged).
- We will be having a monster bar crawl, starting from midday in the Dirty Duck and taking us all the way to Kelsey’s in the evening (with of course a mandatory Baba’s along the way).
- Feel free to join at any point on the crawl – expect a route to be posted soon.
- Note that this will be your last opportunity to wish your fellow big banders a beery christmas so make sure you don’t miss out!
Thank you all for such a lovely first term, and I can’t wait to see you in January – expect many more huge things!
Lots of presidential love, and happy christmas xxxx